1. Will the 66th UTM Convocation Ceremony be held physically?
- The 66th UTM Convocation Ceremony will be held physically with strict Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) set by the National Security Council of Malaysia (MKN) and Ministry of Health (MOH) starting from 19 to 23 November 2022.
2. When is the rehearsal?
- There will be NO PHYSICAL REHEARSAL.
- All graduands NEED to watch the rehearsal video provided on the convocation website.
- In addition, there will be important announcements made in the video.
3. What are the requirements to get the invitation letter?
- Graduands must be free from any debts.
- Graduands must complete Graduate Tracer Study.
- Must be register with UTMAlumni through Alumni Integrated System (ALIS) at http://alumni.utm.my/
4. What should I do before collecting the convocation attire?
- Complete the Graduation Attendance Verification.
- Set the appointment to collect and return the convocation attire.
- Please bring a smartphone with UTMSmart installed (for QR Scan purpose).
5. If I cannot collect the convocation attire as scheduled, what should I do?
- Graduates may ask a representative to collect the convocation attire by completing the particular details at I-Convo system.
- The representative must PRESENT the Convocation Attire Slip during collection of convocation attire.
- The representative can collect TWO (2) attires only.
6. How to verify convocation attendance?
- Graduands are required to verify their attendance through I-Convo system at https://ekonvo.utm.my/ before 26th October 2022.
7. Are parents or families allowed to attend the convocation ceremony?
- Only 2 persons are allowed to attend the convocation ceremony with following requirements:
- 12 years old and above
- Dress appropriately according to the dress code.
- Entry Pass will be given after graduates collect their robe at Stor Jubah.
8. Am I invited to the convocation ceremony after collecting my early certificate?
- Yes. Graduand will be invited to the convocation ceremony. However, For the purpose of borrowing convocation attire, you have to either:
Return the ORIGINAL certificate temporarily when taking the robe and take the certificate back once the robe is returned in good condition (You are strongly advised not to appoint a representative for the return of the original certificate),
Pay deposit money. The deposit will be refunded within 21 working days from the date of the robe returned in good condition. Deposit must be paid during attendance confirmation via i-Convo System.
Amount of the deposit is as follows:
a. Doctorate Degree Graduands: RM1,000.00
b. Master Degree Graduands: RM800.00
c. Bachelor Degree Graduands: RM700.00
d. Diploma Graduands: RM600.00
Disclaimer: not applicable to graduand who have purchased the convocation attire
9. If I am unable to attend this upcoming convocation ceremony, is that possible for me to attend the next convocation ceremony?
- Yes. Graduand are allowed to attend the next convocation ceremony subject to availability and approval from the university. Once the date of convocation ceremony has been announced by the university, graduand can submit an official request to email@example.com attached with evidence.
- Please be informed that, UTM Management Committee Meeting has approved that graduates are only allowed to postpone attending the Convocation Ceremony two (2) times only.